Friday, February 10, 2012

Of Monsters and Men

Or, I'm in a hotel in Rochester scrambling for a blog topic and Cody is great at finding music.

I don't know how he does it, but the lovely Cody, at least once a week, finds some new fabulous band. And then proceeds to linkspam me everything about them. A few months ago it was Of Monsters and Men. I just got around to really listening to the whole album recently, and it's fantastic. I'm hoping to find a way to work it into my nano soundtrack for next year.

They're an Icelandic indie/folk group with a pretty unique sound.



I really enjoy the percussion. I also feel like their accents add to the winsome tone of the singers. And the rest of their instrumentation - but really, I'm a sucker for delightful guitar with punchy brass and smatterings of accordion. They're touring through the US soon and Cody snapped himself up a ticket minutes after they went on sale. Good thing too, because they sold out in a few minutes and now I can sneak to Seattle, quietly incapacitate him, and steal it.

I've got to use all of this pharmacy knowledge for something, right?



Yes, I'm using my powers for evil. Shh.

No comments:

Post a Comment