Saturday, February 4, 2012

Alternate Basses

Or, why God hates accordion players. Me specifically.

I've hit the point in my accordion book with alternating basses and it is destroying me. I can do a waltz pattern just fine. I can even string together a decent polka beat. The second I try to add a melody in there the entire thing caves in on itself and it's like I've been trying to record something suitable to post that won't make everybody bleed from their ears, but I'm not there yet. I'm stuck on finding the sweet spot of paying just enough attention to my left hand that I keep the beat but not so much that I over think it and start hitting the wrong buttons.

Luckily (for her) my roommate is gone on a wonderful interview opportunity this weekend and won't have to hear the deranged and dying elephant that is my practice these days.

I'm also finding that, as I thought, I am awful at taking pictures. I had a fabulous idea to fulfill day three's requirement of 'hands' by taking some shots of Buster Blue's hands while they played at a concert last night. Turns out the camera is sensitive enough that when I used the flash everything was washed out and horrible. As a result, instead of human hands in some kind of cool musical display, you get dinosaur hands.



Today's subject is 'a stranger'. I feel like a stalker, but I'm dutifully
going to haul the camera out to the streets of Reno and try to take a picture of someone without getting arrested for harassment.



Here's the best shot of hands I got - that's Bryan on the banjo and Rachael being a certified accordionista. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to manipulate camera settings and make it look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment