Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sleeves Can Suck It

I have finally finished another sweater!

This one:


As you can see, it has no sleeves. Because sleeves are of the devil. The pattern is Sparreholm, out of Noro Revisited by Corneli Hamilton.

This is the one, however, that tried to kill me by lying about the amount of yarn required. I would have finished it on Halloween and gone as a competent knitter if I hadn't run out of yarn and thrown a hissy fit. Instead, I was a sexy librarian. Sarah can attest to this.

Anyway, behold the finished sweater!

Yes, I'm wearing penguin pajama pants. Today was rough.

I'm still trying to be happy with the fact that Noro yarns aren't supposed to match up, even when you desperately try. Despite what every beautiful pattern picture shows. It's absolutely maddening to me that the stripes don't match. I'm not tearing this beast out, however.

Oh look, a hood! And more of the penguin pj pants.


This is the next sweater I'll be embarking on, as I have the yarn and it also lacks those cursed sleeves. My rebellion continues!

2 comments:

  1. Your sweater is fabulous. I'm jealous. :P

    And I think you should change the yarncore tag to yarncorp and we should form an allegiance of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can see why my competent knitter costume would have been effing amazing.

      But I like my yarncore tag! We should just have an allegiance of awesome tag and secretly know it's about knitting. Except everybody else would too.

      Delete