Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Celebration

The match results were announced last Wednesday. I got my first choice residency, and it's pretty prestigious. I could not have gotten this without the support and help of my fantastic preceptors, professors, and mentors. I'm still in a state of shock about it - though I've signed the contract and am looking for apartments, I don't believe it's actually happening.

Then I realize that I've got less than a month left in Reno and I get depressed, because this has been the best year of my life. I've made some fantastic friends and had equally fantastic experiences. (Open heart surgery? Tahoe? March Fourth?)

Prime example: my friend took pity on me freaking out about the match results Tuesday night. He invited me over, plied me with booze, and then took my phone away so I couldn't hit refresh on my e-mail every five minutes. The result? I had a fairly enjoyable evening with only occasional outbursts of "You bastard, give me my phone back. I watched two episodes of Community without looking and now it's time to CHECK AGAIN."

(side note: Community is probably the best sitcom on television right now. It's endlessly clever and hilarious and you all need to go watch it)

The day after the results came out, I got to go with Buster Blue on tour to Treefort Music Festival in Boise. Best weekend ever. I'll put up a longer post about it in a bit, but for now here's a video where you should play spot the accordion player:



(HINT. IT'S ME.)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! So proud of you! You are amazing. Even though we only lived together a week I feel so special knowing someone who is doing a residency with a place so prestigious. You're practically famous. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you! I'm really excited about it. And petrified - I mean, a kid from podunk nowhere Idaho getting a spot at a place that huge is crazy.

    And that week we lived together was pretty effing fabulous.

    ReplyDelete