Thursday, January 27, 2011

Apparently I'm Stylish!

SquidinkSarah has nominated me for a stylish award! Hooray! Thanks, Sarah!



Her comment about me not updating enough is also completely apt. According to her blog, I now have to do some things.

(This is quite a nice distraction from the paper I'm supposed to be writing on Idaho's proposed medical marijuana bill.)

1. I am in love with science and chemistry, specifically organic mechanisms. To me, it's the ultimate form of truth. You can't get much more pure than the exact way everything works at the smallest level. I love that kind of certainty.

2. I have two kitties named Beaker and Threepwood. They're both a little insane.

3. I learned to knit because I found a stuffed penguin pattern and had to make it.

4. My first job was putting books away in a public library - because of this, I have a freaky knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System. Name a number and I can tell you the kind of book you'll find there.

5. The only dance I can do is polka. I only know how to do that because I went to Norwegian Camp.

6. I am unable to make lemon-y treats. Lemon meringue pie refuses to solidify. Lemon bars are lemon soup on top of shortbread. It's my kryptonite.

7. I am a certified video game nerd. I own every playstation console, a DS, and regularly play Xbox, 360, and Nintendo's various iterations.

As for the other requirements. . . I don't think I read enough blogs. I suppose I can't just re-nominate Sarah.

An aside: in an attempt to get myself to post more, I was kicking the idea of answering questions you people may have about drugs. If you have any. It obviously wouldn't constitute medical advice of any sort, but I take great joy in explaining things that fascinate me. Comment with a question!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it! You actually came up with things! Woo!

    Also, I think you should make Paula Dean's lemon blossoms. Nothing needs to set really and they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice post!

    Drug question!

    Ritalin (as I know it, wikipedia tells me it's Methylphenidate) is used as a treatment for ADHD, and I think it calms people who have that down somewhat. From what I hear, it has exactly the *opposite* effect on people without ADHD. Is that true, and if so, why?

    -Ishan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, because this is entertaining, my stylish blog post originally had the same title as yours. Literally the same title. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I had a post that was the same as yours, so . . . I guess we're even?,

    ReplyDelete