Monday, November 30, 2009

Short Update

Well, it's been a while since I've updated. Again, it's been a very busy few weeks - I went to Moscow, got an accordion from a favorite professor, took a few exams, had a very eventful Thanksgiving break, wrote 50,000 words . . .




It's been a long month. I'm not particularly pleased with the NaNo, though near the end it started turning into something that has actual potential. I'm more eager to work on last year's - as in, actually finish it, polish it up, and give it to people to seriously read. A few people are reading it and seem to really enjoy it, which is always quite affirming.

Another thing of note: I am no longer dating ze dutchman. It was a very difficult decision to make, but right now I need to be able to focus on school and not worry about other stresses - it was getting to the point where I was so stressed I was having problems eating. School stress will not change so this was the only thing that could, as regrettable as it is. I'm hoping that, at some point when both of us are a little more stable, we can try again. He's really one of my best friends.

This is going to stay a short, not very amusing update post because I have a final on Friday (the first cardiovascular module final, blech) and need to reread a few papers on drugs that alter metabolism in cardiac cells. I'm pretty wiped from working all break and pounding 15,000 words out in the span of a few days to finish the NaNo. I've got a few projects I'm working on that I'll mention next post - hopefully they're something that will interest people, as I imagine it'll be more fun if others participate as well.

-SqueezeBox


1 comment: